Main Contents begins from here.
May 18, 2018
Please click on the links below for further information on our privacy practices on this Websites:
1. Who are we?
Panasonic Corporation having its registered office at 1006, Oaza Kadoma, Kadoma-shi, Osaka 571-8501, Japan ("Panasonic", "we", "us" or "our")
We have a number of Affiliates who can be found here.
2. What is Personal Information?
3. What Personal Information does Panasonic collect about you?
- Personal Information you provide directly about yourself
Some Websites we offer enable/require you to give us your Personal Information.
- When you communicate with Panasonic
When you contact us or interact with our customer support representatives, we may collect Personal Information about you, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, email address and contact preferences, and we may also collect information about the Panasonic products or devices you own, such as their serial numbers and date of purchase. We also may create logs/reports that are useful in diagnosing product or application performance related issues, and capture information relating to the issue. We use this information to provide you with customer and product support.
- Subscriptions and newsletters
Where you subscribe to our promotional communications and newsletters, we will collect Personal Information including your email address. We will only provide such subscription services to you in accordance with applicable laws and where you have expressly requested us to do so.
- When you communicate with Panasonic
- Information about your use of the Websites
We may collect information about your use of the Websites. For example, we collect:
- Product/device information - such as unique device identifiers, IP address, operating system details, and settings of the device you use to access the Websites;
- Log information - such as the time and duration of your use of the Websites, search query terms you enter through the Websites, and any information stored in cookies that we have set on your device (such as your pc, mobile phone or tablet).
4. On which legal basis do we process Personal Information?
We are not allowed to process Personal Information if we cannot rely on a valid legal ground. Therefore, we will only process your Personal Information when:
- we have obtained your prior unambiguous consent;
- the processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations towards you or to take pre-contractual steps at your request;
- the processing is necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
- the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person; or
- the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests except where they are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Examples of such 'legitimate interests' include:
- to benefit from cost-effective Websites (e.g. we may opt to use certain platforms offered by suppliers);
- to protect the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks; and
- to meet our corporate and social responsibility objectives.
5. Why do we use your Personal Information?
We may use the Personal Information we collect for the following purposes:
- Create an Account/Log in on our Websites - to enable you to create a profile on our Websites and to enable you to log in to such Websites;
- Registering products/devices - to register you or your device or product for any of our Websites;
- Provide our Services - to provide our Services or any specific feature that you request, including to enable us to fulfil our obligations under any contract with you. We will show individual privacy policies or notices for each Service where appropriate;
- Surveys - to ask for your opinions or comments on our Websites and to conduct other surveys;
- Advertising - for advertising, such as providing customised advertisements and sponsored content and sending you promotional communications;
- Analysis Purposes - for assessment and analysis of our market, customers, products, devices and Websites;
- Statistics - to create anonymous, aggregated statistics about the use of our Websites. This anonymised data may be shared with third parties;
- Service Improvement - to develop and improve new and existing Panasonic products and Websites, recommendations, advertisements and other communications and learn more about your preferences;
- Customer Support Services - to provide customer support services for your product or device, or to deal with any other support queries you may have;
- Security - to protect our customers (e.g. to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our Websites); to operate and maintain the security of our Websites (e.g. to prevent or stop an attack on our systems or networks); or to protect the rights or property of Panasonic, including enforcing any terms or agreements governing the use of our Websites;
- Corporate Transaction - to manage corporate transactions involving our company including reorganisation, merger, transfer, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of Panasonic's business, assets or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
6. To whom and where do we disclose your Personal Information?
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their own independent marketing or business purposes without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Information to the following entities:
- Third party recipients of the Personal Information
We may disclose your information to the following entities:
- Panasonic Affiliates
We may need to transfer your Personal Information to other Panasonic Affiliates to provide the services you require or any other assistance you request.
- Service Providers
We use third party service providers to help us to administer certain activities and services on our behalf, such as fulfilling sending emails and text messages (such as SMS), providing advertisements, analysing usage of our Websites, tracking effectiveness of our marketing campaigns, allowing users to connect to their social network and providing customer support services. We share Personal Information about you with such third party service providers solely for the purpose of enabling them to perform services on our behalf and they will operate only in accordance with our instructions. Here are examples of third party service providers we use:
- Email Service Providers ? Cloud services are used to assist us in sending emails to you in accordance with your marketing preferences;
- Third parties when required by Law or to Protect our Websites
We will disclose your Personal Information to comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies; to protect our customers (e.g. to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our Websites); to operate and maintain the security of our Websites (e.g. to prevent or stop an attack on our systems or networks); or to protect the rights or property of Panasonic, including enforcing any terms or agreements governing the use of our Websites.
- Other Parties in Connection With Corporate Transactions
We may disclose your Personal Information to a third party (or other Panasonic Affiliate) as part of a reorganisation, merger, transfer, sale, joint venture, assignment or other disposition of all or any portion of Panasonic's business, assets or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
- Other Parties With Your Consent or At Your Direction
We may share Personal Information about you with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
- Panasonic Affiliates
- International Transfer of Personal Information
The Personal Information that we collect from you may be stored and processed in your region, or transferred to, stored at or otherwise processed outside your region, including but not limited to Japan or in any other country and where Panasonic or its Affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities.
Where we transfer your Personal Information outside your region, we will ensure that suitable safeguards such as appropriate agreements and mechanisms are in place to help ensure that our third party service providers provide an adequate level of protection to your Personal Information.
7. What do we do to keep your Personal Information secure?
Panasonic have put in place appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to keep the Personal Information we collect in our Websites secure. These measures take into account:
- the state of the art of the technology;
- the costs of its implementation;
- the nature of the Information; and
- the risk of the processing.
The purpose thereof is to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction or alteration, accidental loss, unauthorized disclosure or access and against other unlawful forms of processing.
However, please note that although we take appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information, no website, product, device, online application or transmission of Information, computer system or wireless connection is completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information.
8. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
- What are your rights?
Panasonic will collect, store and process your Personal Information in accordance with your rights under any applicable laws.
Your rights include the right to access a copy of your Personal Information, the right to request the correction or the update of any inaccurate Personal Information and the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information under the conditions set out in applicable laws.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your Personal Information, and where you have consented to the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time (without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of the processing prior to such withdrawal). In addition, you also have the right to data portability in certain cases. This is the right to request the return of the Personal Information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request the transmission of such Personal Information to a third party, without hindrance from us and subject to your own confidentiality obligations.
- Exercising your rights
If you are not satisfied with how we process your Personal Information, you may contact us using any of the communication means described in the individual privacy policies or notices or alternatively you may file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority, in addition to your rights outlined above.
9. How long do we store your Personal Information
10. Third party links and products on our Websites
12. Children's Personal Information
Panasonic considers a child to by anyone under the age of 16, or such younger age as many be specified by applicable data protection laws. We do not knowingly collect or try to collect Personal Information from or about children without the consent of a parent or guardian. Where we do collect Personal Information from children, we will always use reasonable efforts to verify that consent has been given or authorised by the child's parent or guardian.
14. Further Information
If you have any questions regarding the collection, processing, or use of your Personal Information, please contact us using any of the communication means described in the individual privacy policies or notices in each service.
1006, Oaza Kadoma, Kadoma-shi, Osaka 571-8501, Japan
<For residents of EEA>
Panasonic is represented in the European Economic Area (i.e. the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) for any information protection related matters by its German entity, Panasonic Marketing Europe GmbH, having its registered office at Hagenauer Strasse 43, 65203 Wiesbaden, Germany.
Banner area begins from here.
Sub Menu begins from here.